Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program
The Florida Public Charter Schools Grant Program is a competitive grant awarded to charter schools for planning, program design, and initial implementation of the charter school and for supporting the dissemination of successful practices and other information about charter schools.
The following competition is for the Supplementary 2017-20 Charter Schools Program (CSP) grant. Applicants must fully read the Request for Proposals (RFP) prior to submitting a proposal. The full RFP can be found at http://www.fldoe.org/schools/school-choice/charter-schools/charter-school-program-grant/supplementary-csp-rfp.stml as well as the Resources Page in your Review Room (upper right corner of web page).
Stage I proposal is due by March 28, 2017, at 5:00 pm Eastern Standard Time. The due date refers to the date and time the proposal must be fully submitted through the Florida FluidReview online application system at https://flcsp.fluidreview.com/.
Technical Assistance Webinar
The Charter Schools Office at the Florida Department of Education will conduct two technical assistance webinars on March 9, 2017, at 10am and 3:00pm. The purpose of the webinars is to provide information related to the technical requirements of the grant and application process. Participation is not required, but highly recommended. Registration to participate in the CSP TA Webinars is required. To register for the time slot that best fits your schedule, go to: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/rt/2050350972515633923.
After registering, an email confirmation will be forwarded containing instructions and link on how to join the webinar.
To be eligible to apply to and receive this grant, an applicant must meet one of the following conditions:
• Applicant is considered a new operator, as defined by this RFP, and submitted a charter school application to a local school district in 2015 or 2016 using the Department’s model charter school application (Form IEPC-M1, effective August 2015) as adopted in State Board of Education Rule 6A-6.0786; and
- Charter application has been approved by the district;
- Charter application is pending; or
- Charter application is denied and pending an appeal.
• Applicant is considered an established operator, as defined by this RFP, and has an approved or pending charter school application to open a school in the 2017-2018